Crunchy Granola Muffins
Crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, with just a hint of salted caramel apple deliciousness! These Crunchy Granola Muffins make for a fulfilling breakfast or tasty afternoon snack. They're topped with Sea Salt Cacao granola for some added crunch. Plus, they're full of adaptogens like lion's mane mushrooms for brain health. Feel good and eat good all day long with these tasty muffins!
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Forij Sea Salt Cacao granola
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (about 1/2 of a banana)
- 1 tablespoon each per muffin granola for topping
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and aerate the mixture.
2. In a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk 1 egg and add in milk and melted butter. Whisk to combine.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Using a flexible, rubber spatula, gently fold the ingredients together. Fold until the mixture is just combined. It will be lumpy. Just make sure you get all the flour off the bottom of the bowl and combined with the wet ingredients. Stop mixing as soon as the ingredients are combined.
4. Gently fold in granola and mashed banana until just combined. Allow muffin batter to rest - do not continue stirring the batter.
5. While the muffins are resting, preheat the oven to 400° F and grease the inside bottoms of a 12 cup muffin tin (or use cupcake liners).
6. Scoop the batter into each cup, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
7. Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of granola. I press down very lightly just to get it to stick to the batter.
Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.